Friday, February 24, 2017

The experience of music after meditation.

So what do I feel exactly? I feel like the music is vibrating through my body and I feel intensely whatever the music is trying to communicate. My whole state is tuned into it and I can really really really see the beauty in the particular song. Awe is almost a constant through the tracks and there is meaning in this experience. It is a spiritual experience. The word soul is overused by me but I can't think of better words, it is a soul-enriching experience, one that might not leave me wanting for more, but instills in me a sense of deep connection to the world. The whole of my body is reacting and responding. This experience is much much different than what I usually have but still I don't know how thankful I am to meditation and everything else that gives me such effects. Nonetheless it is a crazy experience to just put on something right by your bedside and you feel like you are being connected to god.
Now this feeling of awe and spiritual ascension whilst listening to music is more frequent probably because I do Breathing exercises now. I feel this most frequently with malayalam songs, idk why but I think malayalam songs have emotion and genuineness unlike English songs. I feel like the rhythm is more genuine and less directed at trying to impress people but there outliers like Porter Robinson's Shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment