Sunday, February 12, 2017

Grit and how to get it.

This is a recap post, of all the things I learned about grit, which is a trait how well you stick to your plans, this has a big connection to your success in the world.

To develop grit:

1.Find a deeper meaning to your goals: I'm learning Japanese to get in touch with a culture, to know a culture that is deeply different from my own, I can also improve my memory and has benefits for the brain, which will help me out in the world. This can also include your work, if you are a logistician like I am, know that you are acting as a fundamental channel for the society. The doctors won't be able to prescribe medicines without good logistics, babies won't have their food, buildings won't be made, newspapers,mobiles,books, it's all dependent on logistics.
2.Inculcating Growth mindset: With this mindset you think of yourself as a growing enitty rather than a person with fixed skills, each failure  or setback is part of the plan and allows you take in more information.
You can inculcate a growth mindset, by using affirmations,or using a subliminal software like "Subliminal Blaster 4". The following affirmations are what I use:
My brain is like a muscle when I exercise it, it gets stronger.
When I practice I see great results
When I put forth more effort I improve
When I practice my neural connections get stronger.
I view challenges as opportunities for growth
When I learn new things I am smarter
When I work on something difficult my neurona get stronger
I see value in failure because I learn something new.
Setbacks are natural, everyone faces setbacks, it's part of the plan
3. Hope: Hope is a drug that fuels an attitude which to others might seem like a delusion. Practice hope, by optimism. Optimistic self talk helps. If you are at a setback, tell yourself "This is natural, I'm human, I can make errors, I can have bad days, everyone has it, if I can presevere I will succeed".
4.Select goals that are interesting to you in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment